"Unsere Liebe Frau vom Rosenkranz" (Our Lady of the Rosary)

Schlossweg 2/Via del Castello 2
39040 Auer/Ora
General description

In the 14th century a church dedicated to St. Jodok stood where the Church of Our Lady now stands. In 1674 it was replaced by an early-Baroque nave dedicated to the Queen of the Rosary, with only the base of the bell tower preserved from its predecessor. The builders were the Misconèl brothers from Tesero in the Val di Fiemme. The tower was completed in 1776/77 with an octagonal tambour and bell dome. The three-bay nave with barrel vault is divided by pilasters and transverse arches between rectangular and lunette windows; a right-angled cornice connects it with the recessed rectangular choir. There is a two-storey loft to the west.

The altar fittings date back to the late-Baroque era. The Queen of the Rosary can be seen between Saints Dominic and Catherine on the high altarpiece, with the side altars dedicated to the Saints Joseph and Anthony of Padua. The pulpit, of stucco marble, dates from the Classicist era around 1800.

Recommended season
Castelfeder sulla Strada del Vino Soc. Coop. a r. l.
Piazza Principale 5
39040 Auer / Ora Südtirol/Alto Adige - Italy
Always up to date with the
Castelfeder news. Sign up now!