St. Michael’s church at Egna. The first written documentation referring to this church appears at the end of the 14th century. From this era, the bell tower remains today, with its double mullioned windows surmounted by triple mullioned windows and frescoes on the façade representing the saints Anne, Catherine and Margaret, Christopher with the baby Jesus and St. Michael, to whom the church is dedicated. In 1672, the church was restored, supplied with a barrel vault and supplemented with a new chancel, side altar and sacristy. Particularly rich are the decorations of the choir stalls: the scenes depicted on the parapet stem from the 17th century and represent the Visitation of Mary and Elizabeth, the Adoration of the Magi, the circumcision of Jesus, the flight from Egypt and the Massacre of the Innocents. The busts painted on the lower part of the choir stalls represent the twelve Apostles and are from the 18th century. The interior of the church is bare due to the theft of the furnishings and sacred images in 1969. The stolen original altarpiece was replaced by a representation of St. Michael fighting evil.
Highway A22, exit Egna/Ora, direction Mazzon