Here in the south of South Tyrol holidays are still holidays in the true sense of the word. Here in the most southerly holiday region in South Tyrol… the sun also really does shine a bit longer!
The Castelfeder holiday region, one of the most beautiful holiday regions on the southern side of the Alps, is made up of 4 typical South Tyrolean villages:
- Auer - idyllic and colourful
- Montan - picturesque and sunny
- Neumarkt – romantic nooks and crannies
- Salurn - southern and refined
The Castelfeder hill lies at the heart of this holiday region as well as lending its name to it. It soars up between the villages and connects them all; it is fascinating and unique at the same time. The vista from here stretches far over the Etsch valley while the complex historical events attached to the region reach much further back. Old wall foundations suggest late antique fortifications and a prehistoric settlement. The sub-Mediterranean flora gives the place a southern feel. Castelfeder has a magical attraction and there are numerous legends attached to this porphyry hill.
Location of the holiday region
The holiday region nestles amongst fruit orchards and vineyards, a few kilometres south of Bozen. Splendid wines thrive in this area, above all Pinot Noir, Lagrein, Schiava (Vernatsch), Chardonnay and Gewürztraminer. Although it is situated in the basin of the sunny valley, the holiday region is very close to the hiking and skiing area of the Dolomites.
Highlights of the holiday region
Guests and visitors to the Castelfeder holiday region love the:
- Magic of the extraordinary locations and places where you can linger a while
- Breathtaking natural wonders and unparalleled cultural riches
- Places where past eras are preserved
- Wonderful narrow streets and charming buildings
- Warmth of the inhabitants and their love of sharing the local cuisine and flavours
- Mystical Castelfeder hill and the legends surrounding it
- Fruit orchards and vineyards
- Cool streams and wild ravines
- Cycling – hiking – Nordic walking – golf in the summer
- Skiing – snowboarding – snowshoe walking in the winter
The villages in the Castelfeder holiday region have so much to offer. It is ideal for nature lovers and those looking for active holidays, fantastic and varied for families and groups and fascinating for culture enthusiasts. Whether you want to have fun, relax or take part in sporting activities… there is always something to do here on the southern side of the Alps.
The region opens up totally new prospects for your holiday...
Make an enquiry or booking now >>>
The Winepass opens the doors to the fascinating world of the South Tyrolean Wine Road.
Auer is a lovely wine village with more than 3,000 inhabitants nestled in the Castelfeder holiday region.
The picturesque and peaceful village Montan is situated on the west slope, within the Trudner Horn national park.
The medieval market place Neumarkt it situated at an altitude of 217 meters.
The most southerly district in South Tyrol greets you!