Are you looking forward to a holiday with your children full of sport, fun and games, sun and good food? Then the Castelfeder holiday region is just the place!
Here you can enjoy…
- Large, children-friendly open-air swimming pools in Auer, Neumarkt, Salurn and Tramin. Whether you are a small or big child, there is something here for you! There is a perfect pool and water slide for everyone.
- Short walks or excursions through the forest. Many mountain meadows can be reached by car. Your children can let off steam in the fresh mountain air surrounded by horses and cows while you lounge in the sun, forget the humdrum of normal life and look forward to a good evening meal.
- Every child loves the legendary Castelfeder hill. Here they can live a world of make-believe in unspoilt natural surrounds between the many old ruined walls steeped in turbulent history.
- Cycling along the flat valley bottom is healthy as well as great fun. Children love the cycle path along the banks of the Etsch where energetic pedalling is not essential and they can enjoy cycling the relaxed southern way.
- Trudner Horn national park centre : The national park centre in Truden is housed in an old mill. This three-storey mill is at the heart of the centre. Grain is milled here today just as it was in times gone by. Further interest is provided by the surrounding park with vegetation typical of this porphyry- and chalk-landscape as well as a wild herb garden. Children will particularly love the living anthills as well as the discovery workshop with its games, herbal concoctions, microscopes and much more. Children’s fun days are a regular afternoon fixture during the summer months!
- Bletterbach GEOPARC: In the visitor centre down from the Lahner pasture you can find out about the processes which formed the Bletterbach gorge. Like the geological museum in Radein, it houses fossil collections from the gorge including dinosaur fossils, fossilised fish, shells and plants. Visitors will gain a fascinating insight into life in this area millions of years ago.
… yet more information on family fun!